Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Burnley preview

Big game tonight, as Arsenal need to go to places like Burnley and win to prove the pundits (I'm looking at you, Alan Hansen) that they can win the title. We beat Burnley 3-0 in the FA Cup at home last year, and lost to them 2-0 away in the Carling Cup. Some of those players in the Carling Cup (Ramsey, Vela, Merida, Wilshere, Fabianksi, Silvestre) will probably be on the squad tonight.
In injury news, Eboue is back, but Denilson and Traore are out. Traore has a hamstring injury that will keep him out for the Hull City game as well, while Denilson has a back problem that they're treating with caution, because he's just back from a back injury. According to Arsene, Arshavin will play tonight. Arsene talks about Arshavin's toughness, saying:
I have not met many with his pain threshold
With Denilson out, Diaby will probably start. I think the team will be: Almunia; Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Silvestre; Fabregas, Song, Diaby; Nasri, Arshavin, Vela
Subs: Fabianski, Senderos, Eboue, Ramsey, Merida, Walcott, Eduardo
I don't think Walcott starts, as he is coming back from injury and started last week's game.
The Boss also talks about his confidence in Almunia. That's all well, but Almunia does not fill me with confidence, and I'd pick Fabianski. Arsene also talks about the transfer window, making no guarentees. He says
But I don't want to promise things that I don't really know I will do at the moment.Mainly I am expecting our players to come back [from injury].

I'm skeptical about whether he will sign anyone. Bendtner and Rosicky are coming back in January (They'll be like New Signings!) and he is confident in Walcott, Vela and Eduardo, and of course Arshavin.
Not much else going on, match report later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers